Job title: Commis Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef
Location: Exeter, Devon
Salary: Hourly Rate £7.96-£8.10 DOE
Purpose of the role
If you are a hardworking individual with a passion for food then this could be for you. Here at Green Tree Court we prepare and serve all dishes to. We run our food service like a fine dining restaurant with a full front of house team and an a la carte 3-3-3 menu which changes every day with local seasonal produce. For the right applicant green tree court could be a great start in your career with flexible hours and great opportunities to progress in the company.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and attractive presentation of all meals. The majority of dishes will be made in house and home baked products should be available daily for residents and visitors to the home.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained within the kitchen at all times.
- Keep stock secure at all times, store appropriately, avoid unnecessary wastage and deterioration of foodstuffs.
- Uphold a level expected of their role, in food handling, use all equipment, food storage, personal hygiene, and food preparation serving and keeping the required company records.
- Ensure equipment is used appropriately and its designed use. Report any equipment defects and withdraw from use immediately.
- Comply with company policy in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety, completing and storing all records outlined in the Assured Safe Catering policy.
- Maintain and implement company procedures and processes as appropriate.
This job description indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as a complete list and may be subject to review periodically.
Key responsibilities within Lexicon Healthcare
At Lexicon Healthcare, we aim to provide the very best possible standard of care at all times, and as a member of the team, you will be an essential part of ensuring we exceed this commitment:
- Abide by and uphold the Lexicon Healthcare Philosophy of Care at all times.
- Show courtesy and respect to all residents, their relatives and maintain their right to confidentiality at all times.
- Greet all visitors to Green Tree Court in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Attend training sessions, staff meetings and resident meetings as required.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all members of the team.
- Be aware of and comply with all Lexicon Healthcare company policies.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake additional tasks from time to time.
Person specification: 2nd Chef
|Education / Qualifications||Education / Qualifications|
Demonstrable ability in: