Philosophy of Care
Our aim at Lexicon Healthcare is to deliver a service of clinical and caring excellence within a luxurious and homely environment. Our service users are at the heart of all that we do.
Our philosophy is to provide a luxurious, stimulating, safe, clinically competent and caring environment that will meet the individual clinical, physical and emotional needs of the residents that are in our care. Our Service users are encouraged to sustain their independence and to prolong their vitality, personal interest, dignity and self-esteem.
We strive to:
- Employ only exceptional people who live and breathe the company vision and values, ensuring that residents are cared for by skilled, compassionate individuals who promote dignity and wellbeing.
- Ensure that staff are appropriately trained to the highest standards, and are competent to manage and care for the residents of our home.
- Ensure that staff are effectively motivated, managed, recognised and rewarded for excellence.
- Ensure that a resident’s safety, comfort and wellbeing are paramount.
- Ensure that residents enjoy nutritious, delicious meals of their choice.
- Ensure a quality of life that maximises the potential of the individual is maintained.
- Preserve the dignity and self-respect of the individual coupled, with the highest standards of care.
- Provide support and confidence with assurance and freedom of choice.
- Recognise that the right of privacy is a fundamental right for all individuals, including the need to respect the confidential nature of information relating to the resident, their family and friends.
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming environment for residents’ family and friends.
- Ensure that family and friends are consulted and advised of any changes or plans (with the residents’ permission).
- Ensure that the right of dignity encompasses an individual’s cultural and religious needs.
- Work in a collaborative and co-operative manner with all health professionals involved in a resident’s care and respect their contribution within the care team.