It’s three years since Green Tree Court was officially opened by TV star Angele Rippon OBE. To celebrate this milestone, we gathered residents and staff to enjoy a very special tea party with lots of delicious cake and music from our popular regular singing duo “Sounds Easy”. And we look at the top three things that make Green Tree Court different.
Michelle Gorringe, Managing Director of Lexicon Healthcare commented: “We set out to do something very different in the world of nursing homes when we created Green Tree Court. We wanted to transform nursing and dementia care with our plans for a home that matched the highest attention to support and wellbeing with luxury interiors, fine quality food and a dedicated, person-centred approach to activities to help people to live well for longer. Three years since opening our doors, we’re delighted to have achieved that dream. Key to our success is our strong, committed team at Green Tree Court, who help us to maintain the consistently high standards that we have set ourselves. I’d like to thank them all for their exceptional efforts as we look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries in the years to come.”
What makes us different – 1) Our staff
Our dedicated and committed staff team are at the heart of our success. Although things are always busy, we make sure they have the time to stop and chat to residents. And ongoing training and support helps them to develop their skills at stay up to date with the latest approaches to care. The success of our team doesn’t go unrecognised. Every year residents, their families and other staff members can nominate staff for our Lexicon Star Awards. And we’ve been recognised nationally too. Two of our team, Home Director Helen Rushton and Head of Dementia Care David Barenskie, have both reached the final five in their categories at the National Care Awards, organised by Caring Times.
What makes us different – 2) Our approach to care
We understand that everyone is different. That’s why we take a person-centred approach to the care we offer. We listen to our residents and their families to find out what really matters to them. We approach everything we do with the question “what would I want for my parents?” And we personalise everything, from social activities to food to meet individual needs. Our commitment to the highest quality care was recognised earlier this year when we were awarded a coveted “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission, the independent regulator of health and social care in England. This, the highest award, puts us in the top 1% of care and nursing homes for older people in England.
What makes us different – 3) A luxurious living experience
- Our first floor specialist dementia wing meets the internationally recognised Stirling Gold Standard for dementia-friendly design
- Our lower ground floor has 15 deluxe rooms, which feature superior quality fittings to make it feel more like home, such as marble finishes in the ensuite bathrooms and a patio door giving access to a secluded private patio
- The ground floor has 22 superior rooms, which include high specification ensuite bathrooms
- Our tasteful interior has been carefully designed to ensure the home is a comfortable and homely place to relax with beautiful landscaped gardens to enjoy
- We hold the ‘excellent’ BREEAM standard, recognising that our commitment to the environment and sustainability puts us in the top 10% of new buildings in the UK
- The food at Green Tree Court is of the highest standard. Our award-winning Head Chef orders only the finest local GM free produce, which can be enjoyed in one of the five well-appointed dining rooms or in our residents’ private rooms
- Unlimited Wi-Fi internet access is available throughout the home, digital TV points are installed in every room, plus there is the option of having a private phone line
- The superb range of in house facilities includes a contemporary café, social activity programme, hairdressers, holistic therapy treatment rooms, cinema room, library and activity centre and a prayer and quiet room.
Green Tree Court in Exeter is the flagship residential, nursing and dementia home, providing care that is both highly personalised and focuses on the capabilities of the individual, not their limitations. To find out more, please call Green Tree Court on 01392 240400.